Friday, January 4, 2019

The State of What I Watch I Review for 2019

The State of What I Watch I Review

The State of What I Watch I Review is much like my other blogs – Rarely sighted in the second half of 2018 and out on Hiatus. Like Burning Mind, Raw Flesh, Wrestlementary and This is a True Story, What I Watch I Review fell afoul of my lack of focus and the many other things that happened in my life in the second half of 2018 (Both Good and Bad).

That said, WHAT I WATCH I REVIEW is back as of right now, starting with this Sate Of and continuing with monthly Reviews of films and perhaps more.

In Fact I can tell you this, I will kick off What I Watch I Review for 2019 with a review of: Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse.

Followed in February by thoughts on Renee Dealder’s Hysteria.

In addition to a State of, I also want to make a Statement of Addition. I plan on expanded out what I write about concerning film – beyond just doing reviews.

In 2018 I added FF Worthy, and briefly discussed 3 to 6 films at a time and why they aren’t worth watching, just FF them to found out what happens – if even that.

Now, it’s time to expand out again with Trailer Apocalypse.

Trailer Apocalypse will be a new feature where I will break down five trailers per piece and whether they are actually good enough to entice one to watch the movie, or whether they are just god-awful and makes one want to avoid the move at all cost.

Of course, a trailer may be good, and the movie god-awful, and the other way around. So at some point I may follow up Trailer Apocalypse with thoughts on some of the actual movies.

As for “beyond just doing reviews” I also want to add CLOSE UP. CLOSE UP will be pieces I write focusing on a particular filmmaker, genre or cliché where I will give my thoughts, good and/or bad, on the subject.

Even though I am planning to cover a little more than Movie Reviews, at the moment only expect Monthly pieces, on the third Friday of each month. Monthly pieces that may expanded to more as the year goes on.


Later,

Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment